What is CFX health and wellness coaching?
Health coaches are experts on human behavior, motivation, and health. They are “change agents” who help their clients set and achieve health goals and build new habits. How do I do this as a coach?
a health and wellness coach can help anyone excel at living their life.
The coaching process is similar to talk therapy in that it involves two people discussing ideas and issues. But it is different in that the person who is being coached is in the driver’s seat, creating their goals and strategies on how to arrive at these goals.
People tend to hire coaches to help them with a wide variety of health issues, such as weight loss, stress reduction, the management of chronic conditions, improving diet and exercise, tobacco cessation, addiction, and adjusting to a life-altering health event, like a heart attack or a close relative’s death.
How does it work?
Check out this quick, 4-minute video.
How can it help you?*
1. True health and wellness embraces and enfolds the true importance of nutrition and exercise. Many people already have ideas about the areas in their life they might like to work on. Still, health coaches go beyond the “what” (such as wanting to cook more at home) and help explore the “why” (What are the barriers to cooking more at home? Feeling like there’s not enough time? Not feeling confident with cooking skills or trying new foods? Feelings of stress and overwhelm?). Coaches can help you explore and identify these barriers so you can work together to formulate a plan for how to work around them.
2. They are friendly accountability partners who can help you break down big goals into small steps that are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and timely (SMART)! When someone knows they have someone to report back to, they are more likely to follow through with the goals they’ve committed to (though it’s okay if those goals were not met, as that can lead to more exploration as to why!). Research shows that social support makes people more likely to stick with behavioral changes.
3. They take an individualized approach based on your needs and goals – no one wellness plan is the same!
4. They look at the big picture. Many things contribute to an individual’s health and happiness. In addition to nutrition and lifestyle measures, health coaches consider the way one’s work and home routines, personal relationships, and job satisfaction, as well as emotional and spiritual health, can shape an individual’s sense of well-being.
5. They can help be your navigator. Feel confused about what to eat? Is coffee good for you or not? What about dairy? There is no one global answer for these questions, but a health coach can help you navigate what is right for you.
6. They help you learn how to help yourself. After navigating your way to one of your goals, you’ll discover which methods work best for you so they can be applied toward other efforts. Working with a health coach helps to build your sense of self-efficacy.
*Adapted from The Bioenergy Medical Center Blog https://www.bioenergymedicalcenter.com/blog/6-benefits-of-working-with-a-health-coach
What’s your first step?
Reach out to Coach Shasonta at 360-927-6942 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet your coach
Through the CrossFit X platform, Coach Shasonta has worked with people for over ten years to help them reach their goals of optimal health utilizing fitness and nutrition. This experience has evolved into the Coach I am today, working with people to be their best selves. Currently in the ADAPT Functional Health Coach Practicum, Coach Shasonta plans to sit for the National Board of Health and Wellness Coaches exam in October 2021 to become a nationally board certified health coach.